Books and Book Chapters
- Leigh, 2009
Leigh, I. (2009). A lens on deaf identities. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Gregory and Hartley, 1990
Gregory, S., & Hartley, G. (Eds.). (1990). Constructing deafness. Bloomsbury Publishing.
- Woll and Ladd, 2003
Woll, B., & Ladd, P. (2003). Deaf communities. Oxford handbook of deaf studies, language, and education, 151-163.
- Armstrong and Wilcox, 2003
Armstrong, D. F. & Wilcox, S. (2003). Origins of sign languages. Oxford handbook of deaf studies, language and education, 323-335.
- Calderon & Greenberg, 2003
Calderon, R., & Greenberg, M. (2003). Social and emotional development of deaf children. Oxford handbook of deaf studies, language, and education, 1, 177.
- Fry, 1964
Fry, C. (1964) Language problems in profoundly deaf children ion (eds) C. Renfrew and K. Murphy. The child who does not talk. Spastics International medical publications.
- Archbold, 2015
Archbold, S. (2015). Being a deaf student: Changes in characteristics and needs. In H. Knoors & M. Marschark (Eds.), Educating deaf learners: Creating a global evidence base (pp. 23– 46). New York, NY: Oxford University Press
- Chen, 2014
Chen, G. (2014). Influential factors of deaf identity development. Electronic Journal for Inclusive Education, 3(2).
- Leigh, Marcus, Dobosh & Allen, 1998
Leigh, I., Marcus, A., Dobosh, P. & Allen, T. (1998). Deaf/Hearing Cultural Identity Paradigms: Modification of the Deaf Identity Development Scale. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education 3(4): 329-338.
- McIlroy & Storbeck, 2011
McIlroy, G. & Storbeck, C. (2011). Development of deaf identity: An ethnographic study. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education, 16(4): 494-511.
- Nikolaraizi, 2007
Nikolaraizi, M. (2007). Analysing the concept of deaf identity. Hellenic Journal of Psychology 4: 185-204.
- Sloss, Glass & Elliott, 1995
Sloss, H., Glass, L. & Elliott, H. (1995). Hard of hearing or deaf: Issues of ears, language, culture and identity. Social Work, 40(2), 177-182.
- Snell, 2014
Snell, R, (2014). The lived experiences of young cochlear implant users.
- Describing deafness - Action on Hearing Loss
- Describing deafness and hearing loss - Hearing Link
- Describing hearing loss - MED-EL
- World Federation of the Deaf – Defining deaf culture
- Descriptions of deaf identities - Supporting Success for Children with Hearing Loss (SSCHL)
- Who am I? Project - NDCS
- Gael Hannan – What does it mean to be hard of hearing?
- Hearing loss topics - UpToDate
- About hearing loss - Oticon Medical
- On the definition of Hearing Handicap - ASHA
- National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped - New Dehli
- Community and Culture - National Association of the Deaf (US)
- Terminology - Canadian Association of the Deaf
- Terminology - Deaf Australia Inc.
- Deaf culture - World Federation of the Deaf
- SoundSpace Online - Hearing loss represented on an audiogram