Welcome to SoundSpace Online
The “go to” place for online information, resources and learning about hearing loss.
Hearing loss has a huge, unseen impact on communication whether in childhood or in adulthood. Today’s technology can transform this, but all too often the latest information is hard to find. That’s where SoundSpace Online comes in, bringing together the wide range of information and practical resources available on hearing loss, its impact on the lives of deaf children, young people and adults and its management.
SECTION 1 - IMPACT OF HEARING LOSS is LIVE NOW!
COMING SOON - SECTIONS 5 & 6!!!Have you been using SoundSpace Online already? We would love to hear your feedback, please follow this link for a quick 5-minute survey, thank you!
- Is a comprehensive resource for all those concerned with issues and questions of hearing loss in a range of areas, including medicine, audiology, education, linguistics, psychology and many areas of science
- Provides the information to ensure those with hearing loss can find the latest technology and services to support them
- Is evidence-based, containing the latest research information
- Has contributors who are international leaders in their fields
- Those with hearing loss.
- Their family and friends - parents, caregivers, siblings and other relatives.
- Those working with those with hearing loss including audiologists, teachers, speech and language therapists, otologists, ENT specialists, social workers for the deaf, psychologists, classroom assistants and others.
- Non-specialists, including policy makers, administrators and funders of services.
- Anyone else interested in learning about hearing loss.
The information and resources on this website and those referenced are not to be used for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms & Conditions. By using this website, the subscriber and/or visitor agrees and abides by the Terms & Conditions and disclaimers. If the subscriber and/or visitor does not agree with these, they must refrain from using this website.
The Ear Foundation accepts no liability for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. The Ear Foundation does not endorse any particular programme or course of instruction/action based on the contents of the website. The contents do not constitute advice on which to rely on in making or in refraining from making any decision.
The Ear Foundation reserves the right to change or remove parts or the whole of the contents of the website without notice at any time, and will not be liable to the subscriber and/or visitor for any change or removal. This includes the Terms & Conditions and disclaimers.
The website may include links to third party websites, resources, papers, reports and other written, audio and visual contents. The subscriber and/or visitor agrees and acknowledges that The Ear Foundation is not responsible for the content and actions following these, nor the availability of such sources.
It is extremely important to us to protect the privacy of our subscribers and visitors. SoundSpace Online aims to maintain the privacy of subscribers and visitors at the highest level. No personal information of subscribers and visitors will be sold or shared with third parties.
Usage of information/Reprint policy
Materials on our website may be printed for personal and limited educational purposes, providing SoundSpace Online is 1) credited and acknowledged 2) no trade mark, copyright or other proprietary notices are removed 3) and written permission from The Ear Foundation is given. We are usually more than happy to provide permission, so please just ask. These materials may not be sold or used commercially. To be able to publish materials, permission must be granted by the copyright holder. The contents are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of The Ear Foundation.